Monday, May 25, 2009

Positive Thinking For People Who Can't Think Positively

Have you tried all the positive thinking techniques but found that they just don't work? If so I'd recommend using one of the meridian energy techniques such as EFT or Chinosis.

Those allow you to focus on the reality of the situation - however good or bad it is - and use some simple techniques to change the way you feel about it.

I have to admit that I was very skeptical when I first came across them. The basic principle of focusing on something bad went against all my training as a hypnotherapist. I'd always been taught to focus on the positive. So, if someone wanted to be more confident I would help them to imagine being confident - acting confidently, their voice steady and confident and feeling relaxed about the whole situation.

In EFT though I was asking them to use phrases such as "Even though I feel really embarrassed when a stranger talks to me and I know I'm going to go bright red I deeply and completely accept myself". Then they were expected to repeat the statement. By all rights it shouldn't work. But I rapidly changed my mind as I noticed the changes in my clients' attitudes. They started off in a negative state of mind but soon changed into a more positive one and the statements changed from negative to positive.

Chinosis is different in that it doesn't need words so it's really good for those emotions where you can't express them, when you don't really know all the ins and outs of your feelings. Instead, you simply focus on a feeling and let that adapt itself into a more positive one.

I'm now a huge fan of meridian energy techniques and teach them to virtually all my clients. I can't completely explain how they work but I suggest treating them the same way that I treat electricity. I don't really know how it works but as long as I can turn the light on and see when it gets dark I don't really care. I know how to use it for my benefit and that's all I'm interested in.

You can find out more about EFT at www.emofree.com and more about Chinosis at www.chinosis.com.

Sharon Stiles uses hypnotherapy, CBT, NLP, EFT and Chinosis to help people reduce stress and anxiety and increase positivity and motivation in their personal and work lives. Her online seminar "Stress Less" at http://www.sharonstiles.co.uk/stressless gives practical and mental techniques to help reduce stress. She also offer individual sessions in Bristol, UK and by webcam.

Advice To Jealous Partners

No comments:

Post a Comment